Tuesday, April 16, 2013

My husband is also a teacher, and has been selected as a Common Core Math Ambassador.  Sounds pretty fancy, doesn't it?  Well, this title he received means that he gets training from the NYS Department of Education, and then he is expected to return to his district and update his fellow colleagues with all he has learned.  In order to organize and distribute his information, he has created a website, which I will share below.  Recently I have been examining the Common Core Modules.  I have to say that I think they are pretty well done (however I haven't viewed them all yet).  Certainly a teacher likes to have some freedom with their teaching style, however this gives exemplar lessons that help to guide a teacher's instruction.  It's a great way to understand what is expected and the level of rigor that is needed.  I am quite eager to continue my investigation into the "modules."

Click below to view my husband's Math Ambassador Page
Common Core Math Ambassador

No comments:

Post a Comment